this photo makes me happy. i want to live inside that house. just for a week or 2.
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
made by RiordanRoache
you can find it here along with all the details:
Double Breasted Hand Embroidered Wool Jacket Large $245
and here is a direct link to the dress:
Silver Bubble Dress
that's my tuesday blog post!
also, i am having another GIVEAWAY that will start again this thursday and i'm extremely excited about it! don't forget to enter my current
Monday, August 30, 2010
2. Vintage HUGE red LETTER L plastic signage WALL HANGING $85
3. Caribbean Kitchen $29
4. Cute bunny Tuesday $32
Sunday, August 29, 2010
geoff took us out on the boat, we've beaded a ridiculous amount of necklaces, we power watch seasons, drink diet coke with lime and izze like it's our job, make the BEST guacomole on the face of the planet, knit legwarmers, cry when michael scoffield dies, make popcorn and take pictures of my white-trash neighbors christmas decorations that only can be found in florida. i want my friend here right now!
2. Vintage Typewriter Key Pendant Necklace Charm - RARE RED BACK SPACE $31
3. Follow the Wind $20
4. Coasters - vintage inspired - for party outdoor $20
sundays make me lazy and sluggish. these 4 things put a smile on my face and brighten up my day. i want to fly away with some red and aqua balloons please....
Saturday, August 28, 2010
2. streamlined dreams.,
3. boys (don't) cry,
4. Lonely heart...
it's saturday night. i'm tired and drained so i popped into one of my favorite places to get some happy inspiration energy from.... FLICKR!
1. i have seen Jeremy Enigk play live over 15 times and i can say that without a doubt he evokes the most unbelievable emotions ever. this photo captures his intensity. he looks as though he might just bite the mike right off. i don't know if it was hot on the day he played this outdoor festival but it wouldn't matter because he would still be sweating profusely. he sings with a passion that puts me in utter shock. sometimes at live shows your legs get sore for all that standing. when you are watching this guy perform you do not feel your legs. i believe i've made and perhaps OVER-made my point. but it is my blog right?
2. these underwater heart bubbles are MAGICAL. the colors & composition speak for themselves. this photo reminds me of a loud exasperated screaming sigh. the release of frustration.
3. i know this boy is crying and that is sad BUT crying is beautiful. it cleanses our body of toxins, it evokes and conveys emotion. it's REALITY. life is full of pleasure and pain.
4. i desperately miss passing people on the street. i miss living in a city full of people with stories. i long for a building this unique in this town that i live in that is oh so cookie-cutter, boring and sheltered.
***Join in on Flickr Favorites with Artmind.***
i'm super thankful for so many things, even when my emotions tell me otherwise. i need to make a consious decision to focus on the good. every day. EVERY minute. i've got a whole lot of life to be living and tasting and feeling.
Friday, August 27, 2010
i NEVER thought i would be getting a pair of these, even though they have been on my wishlist for quite some time, and i was giddy as could be when i opened them up........
i'm feeling tired from this busy week. i had a TERRIFIC amount of sales, 3 photoshoots (i will be editing for days) AND launched my very 1st GIVEAWAY (if you haven't entered yet you can do so here...)!
looking forward to the weeks ahead:)
Thursday, August 26, 2010
let's get to know a little bit about Sara, the shop owner......
1. please tell us about your shop. when did you first open your shop and what made you choose to sell on etsy?
I only just started last fall. I opened my account in September & listed my 1st item sometime in October. I started selling on Etsy just to see if i could...... If anyone would want to buy my little creations :)
2. you dig fashion! what are your favorite styles or decades of style?
*sigh* I LOVE most of what is going on right now in fashion. I have always been one to mix a little of what's new with something that will always be timeless. i.e. Pearls........ with neon ribbon.
4. what are some of your favorite things/hobbies?
I enjoy running and weight training. I LOVE to read. I also like to cook and DEFINITELY LOVE to bake. Of course all of this takes a backseat to cuddling with my "chickens" (aka my kids)
5. what are your 2 favorite items in your shop?
I LOVE Pinkie. Mostly because I almost fell over in delight when I found the beads. Hot Pink. Crackle. Enough said.
2. Camille Bauble Bracelet
This is a brand new listing that I'm kind of smitten with as well.
Peacock Jet Ribbon and Pearls Necklace
Deep Peacock Mollie Pearls and Ribbon Bracelet
there are lots of ways to enter and each entry will give you a better chance at winning so lets get on with the different ways you can participate...
● follow my BLOG (on the right sidebar), if you already do, just let me know.
● visit TWILLYPOP' shop & let us know which item is your FAVORITE
● tweet about this GIVEAWAY
● blog about this GIVEAWAY
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
#1. this photo of caroline in the rain that we shot yesterday after we were done shooting lots of NEW BAGS for the shop. i love her expression and just how much that kid likes to play in the water!
you can buy it here...
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
3. No Sampling, Lossless Compression - Is vinyl making a comeback?,
very excited to have found this new mosaic maker for my Flickr favorite:) huge thanks to ArtMIND for getting this flickr ball rolling for me!
Monday, August 23, 2010
2. carnival ride 5x5 $6
3. fall pillow in corduroy and plaid $26
4. vintage wooden box purse $28
head on over to the little prints shop for more goodies!
i just had some lemon cake with homemade lemon frosting that my mother-in-law made for my birthday celebration yesterday. i don't like cake nor do i like frosting BUT i LOOOVED what she made. that woman has got some skills in the kitchen. i need to request that every year!
here comes tuesday, are you ready for it?oh, here is a little panda bear cuteness on this bag now listed in my shop!
love love friends, rachel
i have a photoshoot today, completely unrelated to the shop, and i'm looking forward to it. abandoned houses watch out... here we come! before i get on with everything i thought i would share with you one of my Flickr Favorites. it's Pretty Pure Magical Sweetness. christmas lights are my best friend.
hope everyone had a great weekend. i believe my blog's first GIVEAWAY is about to drop THIS THURSDAY..... stay tuned.
p.s.- click the photo to see it up close and perfectfull
Sunday, August 22, 2010
1. 70's Brown Ethnic Cardigan Sweater
perfect to wear over a t-shirt or tank! during the warm days of fall you can keep it stashed in your awesome bag with all of your other belongings for when the temperature drops in the slightly chilly evenings. what bag am i talking about? read on.....2. here's the bag from my shop on etsy! the most perfect rich cranberry wine-colored messenger that will hold ALL the things you need for a day out and about.
buy it here.....
3. who doesn't love these Vintage Leather Boots in Espresso
buy them here...
keep your eyes peeled for another shop update later this week with lots of messengers and really cool stacking trunks.
Saturday, August 21, 2010
here are 4 clocks i am tempted to purchase right now but i am exercising restraint
2. Black Waterbury Vintage Round Art Deco Alarm Clock $35
3. Vintage Russian mechanical alarm clock Vitjaz from Soviet Union period $24
4. Vintage White Alarm Clock $20
Friday, August 20, 2010
and it definitely reminds me of why i tend to stay away from trends:
there are SO many things to love about this snapshot.
the red chair,
the red chucks,
the rainbow striped socks,
the jeans folded up,
the texture of the wall
and the body is in mid-air!
i LOVE LOVE LOVE me some flickr finds:)
(click on the photo to see the original size)
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
go check out TheSaltEmpire
Blue and white striped sweatshirt by VictorianBird
Autumn Leaf Bookmark by Rumpelfeltskin
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
if i could do one thing today it would be this:
attend a Jeremy Enigk concert. i cannot believe i missed his last tour. best live performer ever.
PLEASE PLAY THE BIRTHDAY GAME WITH ME:
PICK ONE THING YOU WOULD WANT IF TODAY WERE YOUR BIRTHDAY AND POST BELOW- I ENCOURAGE LINKS IF YOU HAVE EM:)
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Saturday, August 14, 2010
2. Soldier Soldier - upcycled military jumper by louloudo $20
3. vintage. distressed. black. filigree frame. 1960s wallpaper. by OliveSomeday $19
4. Comfort Lampshade/ Neutrals oranges and Reds / Imported Papers hand cut Stripes by lauralights $185
there are so many layers upon layers of goodness to be found on etsy!
*brother vacation update: we showed tristan Shawshank Redemption last night. i love showing my brother new movies. the older he gets the bigger the selection. he really liked it.
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."*
enjoy this awesome video by the talented David Byrnexox, rachel